Board and Committees Portal
Visit the VTA Board and committees portal for information about the VTA Board and committees, including members, meetings, agendas, minutes and livestreaming.
About the VTA Board of Directors
The VTA Board of Directors sets VTA policy. The Board has 18 members and ex-officio members, all of whom are elected officials appointed to serve on our Board by the jurisdictions they represent. Fifteen Directors are city council members and three are County Supervisors. Twelve Directors serve as voting members and there are six Directors who serve as alternates. The ex-officio members are non-voting members and are the three Santa Clara County representatives to the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC).
The VTA Board of Directors meets on the first Thursday of every month at 5:30 p.m. at the County Government Center, 70 West Hedding Street, San Jose.
VTA organizes committees and advisory boards focused on specific topics. Find information including members, meetings, agendas, and minutes in VTA's Board and Committees Portal.
- Standing Committees
- Administration and Finance Committee (A&F)
- Capital Program Committee (CPC)
- Congestion Management Program & Planning Committee (CMPP)
- Governance and Audit Committee
- Safety, Security, and Transit Planning and Operations (SSTPO)
- Advisory Committees
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC)
- Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC)
- Committee for Transportation Mobility and Accessibility (CTMA)
- Policy Advisory Committee (PAC)
- Technical Advisory Committee (TAC)
- Policy Advisory Boards
- Diridon Station Joint Policy Advisory Board
- Eastridge to BART Regional Connector Policy Advisory Board (Formerly Downtown East Valley Policy Advisory Board)
- Mobility Partnership
- State Route (SR) 85 Corridor Policy Advisory Board
- Ad Hoc Committees
- Joint VTA/BART Working Committee
- Ad Hoc Financial Stability Committee
- Other Committees
- 2016 Measure B Citizens-Oversight Committee (MBCOC)
- Silicon Valley Rapid Transit Program Working Committee (SVRT PWC)
- SCVTA-ATU Local 265 Pension Plan - Board Of Pensions
- SCVTA-ATU, Local 265 Pension Plan - Investment Committee
- VTA Deferred Compensation Committee
- Other Post-Employment Benefits Committee (OPEB)
Approval by the Board of Directors is required for the following:
- Entering into service agreements worth more than $500,000 per year for a maximum term of three years.
- Executing purchase orders for non-routine goods, supplies and equipment with a value over $500,000.
- Amending the VTA Administrative Code.
- Supporting or opposing a piece of state or federal legislation.
- Adopting the annual VTA budget.
- Approving collective bargaining agreements.
- Recommending major capital improvement projects to the appropriate regional, state and federal funding authorities.
The Board of Directors may also authorize the General Manager to act on its behalf.
To contact the VTA Board of Directors or VTA committee members, or for any other inquiries, please email email@example.com.